This is meant to serve as a reference and resource for those looking to access, study, or read specific firearm related laws in the state of Kentucky. Just a reminder that we encourage all to seek out legal advice from a licensed attorney when studying law.
Concealed Carry Permit Laws
- 237.110: License to Carry A Deadly Weapon
- 237.110: How to Apply for the CCDW License
- 237.122: How much instructors can charge for the class.
- 237.110(7): Who is exempt from paying the license application/renewal fee
- 237.110: Places off Limits
- 237.106: Firearms in Vehicles on Private Property
Justifiable / Deadly Force Laws
- 503.010 Definitions for chapter.
- 503.020 Justification — A defense.
- 503.030 Choice of evils.
- 503.040 Execution of public duty.
- 503.050 Use of physical force in self-protection — Admissibility of evidence of prior acts of domestic violence and abuse.
- 503.055 Use of defensive force regarding dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle — Exceptions.
- 503.060 Improper use of physical force in self-protection.
- 503.070 Protection of another.
- 503.080 Protection of property.
- 503.085 Justification and criminal and civil immunity for use of permitted force — Exceptions.
- 503.090 Use of physical force in law enforcement.
- 503.100 Prevention of a suicide or crime.
- 503.110 Use of force by person with responsibility for care, discipline, or safety of others.
- 503.120 Justification — General provisions.